-----See News Tab for details about this-----
Wave Blasters of Florida / RC Boat Club
Covid-19 Guidelines for Activities at Palm Lake Park Mandated Changes
1. Symptoms – Do not participate if you are: • Exhibiting any symptoms of the corona virus: mild to severe respiratory illness with fever, cough and difficulty breathing, or symptoms identified by the CDC, or if you are a vulnerable individual.
• A Vulnerable Individual:
A vulnerable individual is an individual with serious underlying health conditions, including high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, obesity, asthma and those whose immune system is compromised such as by chemotherapy for cancer and other conditions.
2. Face Masks are not required, but are recommended.
3. Face Masks are expected when social distancing of 6 feet or more is not possible.
4. Gloves are Allowed: While not required, gloves are allowed and recommended to be worn if working with others touching or sharing the same RC Boats or equipment.
5. Coughing, Sneezing, and Spitting: Do not cough, sneeze, or spit if you are within 6 feet of another person. Please turn away and use Tissue, Handkerchief, or inside of elbow if this happens to inadvertently occur. Please use your best / utmost personal courtesy.
6. No Sharing of Water Bottles, Food or Towels: Each Racer / participant should have their own beverage bottle. Shared beverages are not allowed. Water fountains are not available.
7. No Close Verbal Exchanges: Close verbal exchanges between Racers, Spotters and other Club members such as “getting in someone’s face: will not be permitted.
8. Celebrations: No hugging, high fives or other physical contact for race celebrations.
Recommended Safety Precautions
1. Elderly Relatives: Participants living at home with an elderly relative are recommended not to participate at this time. Please inform all other Racers and members if you have this situation of at risk people at your home so that extra courtesy can be extended.
2. Face Masks: Please bring your own Face Masks. The Club will have limited number of them available in case you forget. Please keep it with you for the duration of the event.
3. Hand Sanitizer: Each Racer, participant or Club Member should make best efforts to have hand sanitizer available for their own frequent use.
4. Maintain Proper Social Distancing: We ask that everyone use best efforts to practice social distancing before, during, & after each activity, Heat race, and club meeting.
5. Please Voice any concerns: During the monthly Club Meeting and Mandatory Drivers meeting please bring up your concerns and understand that the well being of our entire club supersedes your opinions, beliefs, & habits. If you feel that you cannot abide by these precautions please respectfully step aside so that we can all participate Safely.